Name:
Location: Lowell, MA

I'm Kevin Griener, bitch; you better axe someone.

Thursday, May 17, 2007

5/17/07

Dear Blog,

I was pretty exhausted when I got in from work this morning, which is why I've got this entry up so late today.

We've been extremely busy at the hub these last few weeks - ever since the beginning of May, really. This week, my supervisor, John, has been training in the unload. The rumor going around is that he will finally be moved to the section of the unload that feeds our aisle, the supervisor there will go to the sort aisle next to ours, and the supervisor there will shift to our aisle. I was hoping our supervisor and the unload supervisor would just switch places, because that sup - Anthony - knows how we do things and how well it works. Derek - the sup we're rumored to be getting - runs, as do all of the sort sups except John, an open aisle, which means that all of the bars are open and the packages flow down the aisle, as opposed to a closed aisle, which we run, where everyone is responsible for their own unloader or unloaders. That paragraph probably doesn't mean much to anyone who doesn't work the sort at UPS, but that is what's primarily on my mind now and this is, after all, my blog. Besides, for all I know no one is reading this, anyway.

My parents are up at the Cape for a few weeks. We'll be going to visit them again this weekend. Hopefully the weather cooperates (the weather web site isn't coming up right now on my browser for whatever reason, which is irksome).

It was rainy yesterday in Lowell and pretty chilly today when I went for my walk. Lowell has a Class A Red Sox affiliate called the Spinners, whose season starts next month. I've been ordering tickets every week for the last few weeks - I'm going to order tickets to the last two games tomorrow. For anyone reading this in Maryland, the Spinners play in the same league as the Aberdeen Ironbirds. Anyway, when I ordered the first set of tickets, I googled the Park to see where, exactly, it was. It turns out that the Park is about a mile from the apartment, a straight shot down French Street/Father Morisette Blvd. I walked it to see how long it would take me, and it struck me that it would probably be good excersize for me to walk that everyday, weather permitting, so that's what I've been doing.

Tonight is trivia night at the Ground Round. Every week I've been meeting a couple of my cousins there for drinks and the weekly team trivia competition. It's a great deal of fun and a brilliant way for a sub-par restaurant, to be quite honest, to get business. First prize is a $25 gift certificate to the restaurant - not much when you divide it amongst 6 (or more) people, but we're playing to win the game, not the prizes. So far, I've been there three times, and we've finished 3rd twice and 2nd once.

It's also going to be California night at the hub, which means another long one. Hey, more money in my check. Sports tomorrow. Till then...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home