Name:
Location: Lowell, MA

I'm Kevin Griener, bitch; you better axe someone.

Thursday, March 22, 2007

3/22/07

Dear Blog,

It's been a while, so I've got some catching up to do. Last weekend my sister and I went back down to the Cape where we met our folks for St. Patrick's Day weekend. On St. Patrick's Day, we had corned beef & cabbage, and watched hoops. Well, I watched hoops, anyway.

The week has gone by revaltively uneventfully, except for an on-line poker tournament I won Monday morning. Paradise Poker has three daily hold-em tournaments, all for play money, at 5 AM, 1 PM, and 9 PM. Because of my work/sleep schedule, the only one I can play is the 1 AM one, which also happens to be the easiest one to win, because only 220+ people can play. I have actually won the 1 AM tournament twice now - once on Monday, and once a few Sundays ago, although which Sunday exactly I can not remember now. Anyway, I'm pretty stoked I was able to win it twice, even if there isn't really cash involved.

I was unable to get a bracket pool going at work (no college basketball fans up here at all), so the only one I am in is Tristan's pool on Yahoo. I'm in 9th out of 10 after the opening weekend, but the scores are really tight, and I have all 4 Final Four teams still alive: North Carolina, my champion, Florida, my other finalist, Kansas, and Texas A&M. This actually puts me in pretty good shape; 5 of the other brackets are already missing at least one Final Four team - one of those five is actually missing two. However, my position is somewhat tenuous. If Texas A&M isn't able to win this evening, I won't be able to win the pool, because someone else has pretty much the same bracket I do except he has Ohio State in the Final Four instead of the Aggies. So, I'll be cheering pretty hard for Acie Law IV and company tonight.

Yikes. My to do list is chock full of items. I hope to knock several of them off tomorrow, but I doubt I'll be able to get more than one or two. We'll see.

I'm going to do my sports post right now, and I'll do the politics blog tomorrow. next week, I hope to resume my regular schedule.

Later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home