Name:
Location: Lowell, MA

I'm Kevin Griener, bitch; you better axe someone.

Thursday, March 08, 2007

3/8/07

Dear Blog,

This entry is going to be a little longer than usual, mostly because, after countless posts about how my week or weekend was relatively unevenful or unexciting, this week some new and different stuff actually happened to me. Some of it was good, some of it was bad, some of it was neutral. But all in all it made for an evenful week, which is different for me. Now, it strikes me that someone could read this entire post and think at the end, "wow - THIS is what passes for an eventful week in Kevin's life? What a poor bastard." That's fine, too. But if you read all my other posts in this blog, you'll understand why I think this way.

Anyway, I'll start with the weather. It is damn cold up here right now, especially at night. The low has been in the single digits all week, and it's supposed to be another icer tomorrow. It is supposed to warm up considerably on Friday, however. I have my fingers crossed.

Now for the good stuff. On Tuesday, the cable guy showed up at the apartment to install our land line, which is through Comcast. So, now I have another phone number in case for some reason you absolutely have to get ahold of me and I'm not answering my cell or IM. If you want it, ask. But the exciting thing isn't the phone. With the phone service, we're also getting a discount on a better TV package, that includes a slew of new channels - including the NFL Network - as well as HBO and Starz. And better yet, because we have digital cable, we have HBO and Starz On Demand - which means we get a shitload of movies to watch at any time, at no additional charge on our cable bill. Along with Comedy Specials, HBO Series, etc. I could literally park my ass on the couch for a month and not get through half of the shit I have On Demand. Definately recommended for anyone who can shell out the cash.

Right after the cable guy left, the fire alarm went off, which was quintipully annoying because a) it was fucking freezing, b) I was in my pajamas, c) I was low on sleep, d) I just got HBO and Starz On Demand and I wanted to see what was up, and e) I was trying to get into a poker tournament on ParadisePoker and this made me late for it. Fortunately the fire truck was right near the apartment when the alarm went off - the truck was already pulling in as I was leaving the building and heading for my car - and so the ordeal didn't last too long. But it was still a monumental pain in the ass (I got jack shit for cards in the poker tournament and got booted early).

I started to watch Star Wars: Episode I tonight (HBO on Demand). I hadn't seen the movie since it came out in theaters. I hated it then, but I thought to myself that maybe I needed to give the movie another chance. After all, I was REALLY jacked for it when it came out, and it was possible, I surmised, that I had been too critical of it because I expected greatness and had gotten mediocrity. In other words, while it wasn't a great movie, maybe it wasn't as bad as I remembered. Turns out, that isn't true at all. Good God, did that movie suck some serious ass. I'm not going to go into what makes it so bad - God knows that subject has been beaten to death - but I will say this: everyone wants to blame everything on Jar Jar Binks, and while his character is nothing short of horrifically annoying, he has been made a scapegoat for an entire movie that was really just one lousy scene after another, whether Jar Jar was in it or not.

The ACC Tournament starts today - I am excited. Because Boston College is now an ACC school, I'll be able to catch all the games on TV, which is great. A relatively new guy on the aisle, Joe, is from just outside of Chapel Hill, NC, so he is a big Tar Heels fan, which is extremely cool, because at least I have someone to talk about college hoops with up here, especially the rest of this week and Monday.

Cousin Mark called today - he is going down to the Cape this weekend, he thinks his brother will be going down as well. This means that Kait and I will probably go down, too, especially if Mark and Eric are going to be there. Oh yeah, Eric and Adriana are having a second child this summer - a younger sister for Andres. Adriana likes Sara for a name, but Eric isn't so keen on it - we'll see, I guess.

One more thing - they've moved a couple of unloaders up to the aisle this week - God only knows why. To borrow a phrase from Patches O'Hoolihan, these two are about as useless as a pair of poopie flavored lollipops. The sooner they get these goobers off the aisle and back in the trucks where they beling the better.

Ok, that is the sum of my adventures this week thusfar. I have a lot of basketball that needs to be watched between now and my next entry. We'll have to see what other sorts of excitement I'll get to deal with this weekend. I promise you you'll get the full report right here. Sports blog tomorrow...tons of college hoops shit to sorth through. Till then...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home