Name:
Location: Lowell, MA

I'm Kevin Griener, bitch; you better axe someone.

Monday, March 26, 2007

3/26/07

Dear Blog,

Well, another weekend has gone by the wayside. This one didn't even include a trip to the Cape, but that doesn't mean they're weren't any adventures had.

On Saturday, after I got up at about 4:00, my sister called to tell me that she, her coworkers Tish and Kelly, and Kelly's boyfriend Eric, were going to have dinner at On The Border, and that Mark and I were invited to come. OTB is a Mexican restaurant that is conveniently located right over the New Hampshire/Massachusetts state line - although the restaurant is apparently a chain. I have no idea how widespread the chain is, or if this one was the first one, but it seems like a wierd coincidence if that is indeed the case. Anyway, we all had a good time shooting the shit with each other - mostly the teachers (that would be everybody but Eric and I) talked about teacher stuff, but there was some other good conversation as well.

Yesterday, Kait had the Dracut High women's varsity lacrosse coach over. Kait is coaching the JV squad (there is a dearth of lacrosse knowledge in this part of the country and so Kait, who played the sport for quite a few years and through high school, is as qualified as anyone else to coach the JV team, even though she has never been as much as an assistant coach before), and so the two of them were getting some of the paperwork and things liked that finalized. In the evening, we saw Mark again, and the four of us had dinner; a recipie for sloppy Joe's, Italian style, that I had never tried before. Obstensibly, it was really meaty spaghettie sauce that was served on garlic bread rather than over pasta, but it worked really well - I'll be throwing that one into the rotation. Jessica seemed like a nice eough person. Really cute, too, but Kait says she has a boyfriend (although, she may have just been saying that to keep Mark from hitting on her).

Anyway, my to-do list is still chalk full of items, so today I'll try and get at least a few crossed off.

Apparently, Carlos Mencia is being accused of plagarism. It seems to me to be a bunch of circumstancial evidence, but it also seems to be mounting. I'm going to hold judgement, because I don't know how other comics would look if they were put up to the same scrutiny, but there does seem to be smoke. I don't find the guy to be very funny, either way, but that is beside the point.

Ok, I'd better be getting to sleep. Tomorrow I'll be talking about the Final Four in the sports blog. Till then...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home