Name:
Location: Lowell, MA

I'm Kevin Griener, bitch; you better axe someone.

Monday, March 12, 2007

3/12/07

Dear blog,

Monday, Monday, Monday.

I ended the week this week on a bit of a movie binge, which lasted through this weekend. On Thursday evening, Kait, Mark, and I went and saw Breach, starring Chris Cooper and Ryan Philippe. It was a movie about a real-life double agent in the FBI working for the Russians who was caught in 2001. Apparently the guy and my dad were friendly, which is kind of, well, weird. I could tell watching the movie though the appeal he would have for my dad, who obviously was not aware of his secret activities. Anyway, it seemed to me to be a fairly good movie. I would be very interested to see what dad would think about it.

On Friday I watched Sling Blade, which was on Starz On Demand. I had never seen it before, and I was ver impressed. Not only with Billy Bob Thorton, who was very good, but with the rest of the cast, as well, even though many of them never went on to do anything else that approached the scale or quality of this work. That same day, I also saw Lost In Translation, which I had seen but my sister hadn't. She got a kick out of it, although we both think it kind of dragged in the middle.

This past weekend was a very pleasant one. After we got off of work, Andy, my supervisor John, and Matt, who was our training supervisor, went off to IHOP for breakfast. IHOP on Saturday morning has become a weekly ritual for Andy and I, and sometimes John has come along, too, but this was the first time Matt came with us (we did see him there last week, but he arrived and ate separately). Anyway, we had an absolute blast - it was easily the most fun we've had there in a long time, and probably the best visit thusfar. Hopefully Andy and I can get the other two to come more often.

We, that is, my sister and I, went down to the Cape on Saturday afternoon. The weather was absolutely ridiculous this weekend - well, ridiculous for here, anyway. I was between 45-55 degrees all weekend long, which was something, considering I had been out in 3 degree weather only a few days - err, nights - ago. When we got there, we met Mark, Eric, Eric's wife Adriana, and their son Andres. We had some good discussion, and then Eric and I went out to pick up some pizza for dinner. After we ate, Mark, Eric, and I watched Get Shorty, which has been a favorite of mine for years.

Yesterday, the 6 of us, along with our Aunt Martha and Uncle George, went out for brunch and then a nice walk through downtown Falmouth, which is one of the towns along the southern coast of the Cape - in the summer, it is host to the Commodores of the Cape Baseball League. Before we knew it, the evening had come, and it was time to get back to the folks' house and get ready to go.

When Kait and I got back to Lowell, I watched yet one more movie - The Chronicles of Narnia, which I hadn't seen, although I had had the book read to me as a child, so I was somewhat familiar with the story. It was done very well, and although it was a Jesus movie, it wasn't heavy handed with any kind of religious message, unless you were looking for it.

I've got one more movie On Demand that I need to watch before Thursday, when it will dissapear, and that is The Aviator. I''ll probably have seen it by the time I make my next post on this blog, so you have that to look forward to.

Of course, yesterday was Selection Sunday. I got a chance to peruse the brackets, and I have some gripes and some predictions - you'll get all of that good stuff tomorrow in the sports' blog. Till then...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home