Name:
Location: Lowell, MA

I'm Kevin Griener, bitch; you better axe someone.

Monday, May 14, 2007

5/14/07

Dear Blog,

Well, it was quite a weekend, to be sure.

Friday night Dave flew in to Boston for an overnight stay. The Orioles were also in town this weekend so we decided to take in a game if we could. I had asked my cousins how to go about getting tickets and they said that the best way was to look on Craigslist on the day of the game. The problem was, the day of the game, Dave told me that a friend of his, a girl named Caitlin who had gone to UMBC, was now living in Boston and she was going to come, too. This knocked Craigslist out of the picture, as no one sells tickets in grous of three. So we went to the Park without tickets, planning to buy them there, I thought from a scalper.

Instead, we went right up to the ticket window - there was no line, and, much to my amazement, they had some tickets that I guess they reserve for game day walk-up sales. They didn't have three together, but they did have 2 together and another in the same section, an offer we pretty much had to jump on at that point. I took the lone ticket.

Karma paid off, big time. It turned out that the lone ticket was in row 1 of the grandstand section, which is right behind the infield box seats. So, essentially, I was sitting in a box seat for quite a bit less money (although the tickets were still pricey by OPACY standards - $45 each).

The game was great. It was an absolutey beautiful night, game time temperature was probably about 75 and it dropped to maybe 70 by game's end. The Orioles took a 2-0 lead in the first, the Red Sox tied it in the 2nd, then the O's scored 3 in the fifth to make it 5-2. The Red Sox scored once in the 7th, the O's got it back in the 8th, and then held on for a 6-3 win. The game was marked by a lot of clutch pitching with the bases loaded by the Oriole pitchers and quite a few defensive gems, with Markakis and Mora having banner nights at the plate.

On Saturday, the folks came up for Kait's lacrosse game. I was asked to be the timekeeper, as apparently they didn't have a clock. Also, the officials never showed, so a girl from the varsity team had to ref the game. Kait's team lost by a count of something like 11-6, but everyone looked like they had fun. For a bunch of girls who had never played before this season, the team doesn't look too bad. Hopefully, they'll keep their learning curve sharp.

Then we had dinner and went down to the Cape, where I promptly fell asleep, which isn't something I normally do at 9:00 at night. The whole family went to Mother's Day brunch at the Sea Crest hotel (a VERY upscale place in Falmouth). By whole family, I mean Kait, mom, dad, myself, aunt Martha, uncle George, aunt Carol, uncle Brian, my cousins Greg, Geoff, Kerry, Mark, and Eric, Eric's wife Adrianna, their son Andres, Geoff's girlfriend Sue, my step-cousin Steve, and his daughter Sophie. Good time had by all.

Well, that's pretty much my weekend. Sports tomorrow - I still owe you grades for the '03 NFL Draft, don't think I've forgotten.

Till then...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home