Name:
Location: Lowell, MA

I'm Kevin Griener, bitch; you better axe someone.

Monday, April 30, 2007

4/30/07

Dear Blog,

Another relatively uneventful weekend has passed. On Saturday I woke up in time for the very start of the NFL Draft, which very well might have set the record for the most boring round 1 ever - more on that tomorrow on the sports blog. I didn't stick around for the whole round, however - my sister and I left about midway through to go up to New Hampshire to test out some house keys for a friend of the family, who has a place on Lake Winnepasaukee - the vacation spot of Richard Dreyfuss's character in What About Bob? For lunch we went to a Pizzeria Uno - a first for both of us. And we were both very impressed, by the way.

That evening, I went down to Conlon's Liquor store to look for some beer, and I was very pleased to discover a Magic Hat Summer 12 pack. Magic Hat is a brewery in Burlington that my sister and I were first exposed to, oddly enough, in a bar at Fell's Point when we went down to Maryland to visit our dad after his surgery a couple of weekends ago. We both were very happy with their "#9", their signature ale, which was included in this variety pack with a Hefeweisen, a summer wheat ale, and their "Mystery Beer", which tastes like an IPA with a hint of fruit.

My fantasy baseball team beat the bejeezus out of Corey's friend Dan's this week - which is good, because we just got stomped last week. This will put me back in the upper tier of the League. There was a strong race for player of the week - it was either Jimmy Rollins, Vernon Wells, or BJ Upton.

Speaking of baseball, I've bought tickets to four Lowell Spinners games for this coming season. I plan on buying tickets for 10 eventually - two a week for the next three weeks. Season starts in late June, but you have to act early - the Spinners claim they are the only team in professional baseball to sell every ticket for the last 7 years, and it doesn't look like they are going to break that streak any time soon.

Next weekend I'll be down in Baltimore again. Holla!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home