Name:
Location: Lowell, MA

I'm Kevin Griener, bitch; you better axe someone.

Thursday, March 01, 2007

3/1/07

Dear Blog,

Today I had to call out of work for the first time since I started last September. I'm not sick or anything; rather, the bridge of my glasses snapped late in the evening and I'm quite useless without them. It was kind of a mixed blessing, however, as calling out allowed me to stay at home and watch all of the Maryland/Duke game, whereas I would have had to leave for work when the game was still very much in doubt had I not (no, I did not break my glasses on purpose).

So, tomorrow I have to go up to Tewksbury and get a new set of frames. I hope they don't cost too much, as this incident is already setting me back a day's pay and, I believe, my weekly perfect attendance bonus (although I'm not sure if I'm still getting that). At least, if it had to happen, it happened on the same night Maryland was playing Duke at 9:00 on ESPN. I can't overstate how much easier that is making my whole experience.

In other news, Kait had me cooking some recipies out of a low-fat cookbook that we have this week. So far, the results have been fairly good. I plan on adding all three meals I've cooked so far into the rotation, although I am going to have to figure out a marinade fot the chimichungas I cooked Tuesday night.

Other than that, it hasn't been a particularly eventful week. Nor do I have any special plans for the weekend. I did talk to Mark tonight and I'm going to try to get in touch with Dan tomorrow about seeing if I can't get them up here for St. Patrick's Day. Mark was resistant (apparently he is very busy), but I know with enough strong-arming I can get him up here. He can be a pain in the ass to get going but I know he wants to be up here for St. Paddy's. And Dan is always up for a good party.

Well, that's about it. Tomorrow I'll be in the sports blog - oh yes, you will be reading more about the Maryland game, you can count on that.

Till then...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home