Name:
Location: Lowell, MA

I'm Kevin Griener, bitch; you better axe someone.

Monday, February 19, 2007

2/19/07

Dear Blog,

This weekend went by relatively uneventfully for me. I dropped Kait off at the airport on Friday evening. Saturday and Sunday passed virtually without incident. In fact, the most exciting thing for me to report is that I had brunch with my cousins Mark and Kerry, as well as Kerry's boyfriend.

I got home and passed out on the couch, although at four I was awake enough to turn on the Maryland game. I actually fell asleep at the very start of the game, but I could still hear the television, with the result being that I dreamt I was AT the game (although, that I could hear the play-by-play announcer while the game was going on never struck me as odd). Anyway, I woke up a few minutes into it, and was able to watch it, as well as the Capitals game which was on NBC as the NHL's two top young players - Alex Ovechkin and Sidney Crosby - faced off. So, for an afternoon, it was almost like I was at home.

Anyway, this evening I watched a couple of movies about race in the South in the 50s and 60s - In the Heat of the Night, starring Sidney Portier, and Mississippi Burning, starring Gene Hackman and Willem Dafoe. Those movies can be more than a little upsetting - the key is remembering that the DPs have since been soundly defeated, and that what once was is no longer.

Well, anyway, happy Presidents' Day. Go get yourselves some new furniture or whatever. I'll be in the sports blog tomorrow, probably talking about the Maryland game some more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home