Name:
Location: Lowell, MA

I'm Kevin Griener, bitch; you better axe someone.

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

12-27-06

Dear Blog,

It's been a long time, I know.

The reason for the break in posts was the dreaded "peak season", which means, at UPS, the week after Thanksgiving through the week before Christmas. Getting home at 4:30, 5:00, or later, is not conducive to blog posting when I get back. Pretty much my main goal was sleeping.

I hope everyone enjoyed their Holiday. We had the family get together at my aunt Martha's (yes - the same place we had Thanksgiving) on Christmas Eve. The Christmas Eve dinner used to take place at my aunt Carol's house every year, and her husband Brian's extended family would be there, as well. Now that house is gone, or at least they don't own it anymore, and so Martha is the only one in Lowell who has a house where the dinner can be held - and of course Brian's family doesn't show up for it. Also, grandma, who was always the center of the party at Carol's, died a couple of years ago, right around the same time Carol and Brian sold their house. Replacing Brian's family is George's family - Martha's stepchildren. And recently a new generation has been added to the family, as Martha's son Eric has a son, her stepson Stephen has a daughter, and her son Mark now has a live in girlfriend with two son's. To quote the stranger from The Big Lebowski, "I guess that's the way the whole darn human comedy keeps perpetuating itself, down through the sands of time, westward the wagons...".

Anyway, now that Christmas has passed, we are through peak season, which means work will get a lot easier from here on out. Honestly, I didn't notice a major difference in how hectic my nights were - just how long they were. I think the reason is that with me starting in September, I only really started to get the hang of the job as peak season was arriving - so I didn't have an "easy" time with which to compare peak. So, from here on out, things should be, if my theory holds true - much easier than any nights I've had so far. And after one night, that appears to be the case.

The aisle has changed some since I last described it, so I'll paint a newer picture. Both Adams as well as the kid Robby are gone. Andy is still there, and in fact we now have another Andy - Andy Martinez, who has been there longer than I have btu had been doing unloading mostly before the Adams and Robby left. We have a relatively new hire named Jason, and one of the two feamle new hires I wrote about in an earlier post (sadly, the younger and more attractive of the two is the one who is no longer with the company). And Jen and Fred are still there.

Christmas presents of note: some really decent clothing, the movie Capote, several cookbooks, a book on pirates, an off-the-wall calender, a miniture Turkish rug, and several other things I can't name right now because I am running out of steam rapidly.

Oh - my sister and I finally got a DVD player. Also, I plan on buying an X-box or a PS2 - I don't mind being a generation behind if it saves me 600 bucks or so.

Well, anyway, I hope to be posting here every morning now that I'll be getting home at a reasonable (for me) hour. Watch for less frequent updates to the other two blogs, as well - I hope to be getting to both of them tomorrow afternoon. Till then, tata...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home