Name:
Location: Lowell, MA

I'm Kevin Griener, bitch; you better axe someone.

Monday, November 27, 2006

11/27/06

Dear Blog,

Wow...a big weekend has past, and now I get to recap it all.

There was not a little bit of cunfusion at work Wednesday night - I was out of there around 4:00 - 4:30, not sure exactly when. Then at 2:00 Thursday afternoon we went over to my aunt Martha and her husband George's house for Thanksgiving dinner. I love Thanksgiving, mostly for the food; ironically, the turkey is the part of the meal I could most easily skip, with the stuffing, mashed potatoes, corn bread, pie, etc., etc., etc., being the treat. After Thanksgiving dinner it was football all evening, with me liking some of the results (Miami over BC) more than others (Dallas over Tampa Bay). Also, of course, I got to see the extended family again. No less than 25 people were at the dinner, and while I was not realted to all of them - my cousin Kerry's boyfriend and his parents, for example, or George's children from his first marriage - in fact, it was about 50/50. Anyway, it was a lot of fun.

Mom, dad, grandma, and Duncan went back to the Cape Thursday night, but Kait & I stayed back in Lowell to hang out with our cousins on Friday, the most enjoyable day I've had in the Lowell area so far. We actually spent the day in Concord, which is about 15 minutes away from Lowell, and the downtown kind of reminded me of downtown Annapolis the way there is a long line of shops along the street. There were 8 of us on the trip - Kait and I, Kerry, her boyfriend Brian, Geoff, Mark, Eric, and Eric's wife Adriana. We went into a coffee shop where I had an outstanding cup of hot chocolate and then over to an Inn/Bar to have some beers and nachos. Then we swapped Geoff out for Eric and Adriana'a baby, Andres, and headed over to our apartment, where we hung out. Basketball was on the TV (Butler's shocking win of the preseason NIT), but we were more interested in watching Andres explore the apartment, as well as talking to each other. Great night.

On Saturday, Kait and I finally made our way down to the Cape. I got to watch some decent football on Saturday, more than you would think with my grandma, who enjoys watching the game herself. Unfortunately, the Terps lost Saturday night, more on that in the sports' blog later this afternoon.

Sunday was more of the same - watching football at the Cape. As usual, I had to go to Din's to catch the Redskins game, but, unusually, I was able to leave the bar with a smile on my face as the Skins pulled out a 17-13 victory over Carolina, a very decent team that should find themselves in the playoffs this winter. Again, more on that in the sports blog, tomorrow. Sunday night came and the weekend finally ended, although I don't go back to work until 10:30 tonight. We headed back to Lowell, and here I am, writing in this blog.

Ok - college sports extravaganza later this afternon in the sports blog, as I'll do a football recap and prime the ACC/Big 10 basketball challenge, which starts this evening. Politics blog probably won't be updated until tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home