Name:
Location: Lowell, MA

I'm Kevin Griener, bitch; you better axe someone.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

11-29-06

Dear blog,

Yesterday and the day before were relatively uneventful. Monday was kind of drawn out, but that is good news for me because the more time I spend in that place, the more money I get. By coming home and doing this immediately after work, I have myself on a cycle where I don't get tired until around 4:00 - 5:00.

For a couple weeks I have been doing internals after the sort shift ended. I've told you what internals are when you're on the belt - they are the packages that are missorted and have to be resent to the sort aisle and they always come out and drown the poor motherfucker closest to the internal dump-off.

But once the shift ends, "doing internals" meant something a lot less stressful. Basically, I stroll around with a gigantic cart, picking up missorts from their wrong destination and bringing them to their proper one. It takes about 30 to 45 minutes, and it's low-stress work. A great way to cool down after a high-stress shift on the aisle. And this time of year, they are all high-stress.

We got two new hires on the sort aisle this week, and they are - *gasp* - ladies! Two new chicks on our one aisle. Jen has to be beside herself in anger.

Are they good looking? Hard to tell. You see, working in the hub is like drinking a lot of beer. Suddenly, you see a woman, and she is the most beautiful thing you ever saw. But when you leave the hub and think back about her, you realize that you wouldn't have looked twice at her if you were anywhere else on Earth BUT that damn hub.

Ladies, if you want to get dates from a guy who, if nothing else, is pretty strong and probably in decent shape, go work at UPS. If you can't pick up a guy there, I'd really suggest switching teams.

Anyway, I think they are both solid, yet unspectacular. Would they get my attention if they were out on the street? Maybe not. But they certainly have my attention (and the attention of every other guy on the aisle, including the supervisor and both trainers) now.

Other than that, not much exciting to report.

I'll try and get to the other two blogs this afternoon. No promises.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home