Name:
Location: Lowell, MA

I'm Kevin Griener, bitch; you better axe someone.

Thursday, June 14, 2007

6/14/07

Dear Blog,

It's been a while since I've checked in, so there is much to report.

First of all, last weekend I did not get to go down to Connecticut, as I had been hoping I would be able to. Instead, I went back down to the Cape. The Cape League season begins tomorrow night, but last weekend a team of baseball players from around the US Military was in town for a two game set, one game in Chatham and the other in Orleans. Unfortunately, I didn't get in until very late Saturday night, so I missed the first game, but the folks and I were able to take in the second game (write up in the sports blog tomorrow).

The Friday before last weekend, my Aunt Martha threw a baby shower for my cousin (her son) Eric and his wife Adriana. It was unusual for a baby shower in that the whole family came, men and women. The fact is, the Fadden's just can't resist an opportunity to get everyone together. We used to make fun of our next-door neighbors for always being involved in extensive family get-togethers, but now I realize that the main reason we weren't always involved in these things is because we were geographically seperated from our family for the first 24 years of my life. Anyway, there was a lot of great food, and fun was had by all, and we almost didn't notice that the parents who we were celebrating hadn't shown up over an hour into the proceedings. When they were finally called and asked where they were, we found out that they didn't know that the party was that day - they thought it was on Saturday. But they drove up from Boston and, even though they were about 2 hours late, the party was considered a success by all in attendance.

After I got out of work the next morning, I went with Andy, Jason, and Anthony to a lake by Jason's house in Haverhill to do some fishing. Well, actually, they fished while I pretty much just stood around and watched. Honestly, fishing is something I've never really gotten into. If I didn't get such a kick out of the three of them I wouldn't have gone at all, but because they are such an amusing group I had to at least watch and see what happened. Even though they didn't catch anything, I wasn't dissapointed. I like going to breakfast better, because there is more talking involved, but it was a nice change to break up the routine.

On Saturday evening Kait and I went to see Pirates of the Carribean 3, bummed out in advance because the reviews had been so searing and because we hadn't heard much good about it from anyone else, either. Honestly, we didn't find it nearly as bad as everyone was making it out to be. It was a good deal better than Pirates 2, which, for some reason, was not slammed as unanimously, and much, much better than Spiderman 3. I'm not saying it was anything near as good as the first movie - they obviously rushed these last two movies - but we went in expecting a total bomb and what we got instead was a movie with more than a few plot holes but which had a high production value. I give it 2.5 stars.

Last week my sister wanted to eat healthy, and since we missed Monday's dinner, I decided it was time to do some experimenting, to see if I could find another meal or two to add into the rotation. I did not expect everything to be as succesful as it was. With the successes of Spanish-style baked fish, the fajita pizza, and crab delight, as well as last week's successful cowboy spaghetti, I now have a five-week rotation of meals. I'm pretty pumped about that, honestly.

This week has been plodding by rather uneventfully, so far. Work has been lighter than it has been in recent weeks, which unfortunately will show up in my check next week, but that's something I'll have to deal with then. The most exciting thing to happen this week, in fact, happened just a few minutes ago when I opened up the mailbox. The Barack Obama bumper sticker which, reader of my political blog know, I ordered some time ago, finally arrived today. Now I finally get to replace the Barbara Mikulski bumper sticker that has been on my car since '04 and has undoubtedly been confusing my fellow Bay State motorists ever since I had my liscense plates switched over.

Ok, this weekend I should be going back down to the Cape on Saturday, and hopefully catching a baseball game that evening, and then the family, along with our close family friend JoAnn and her parents, will be driving up to Lake Winnepausakee where she has a house that will be in between renters this coming week.

And exciting news for later this month: I'll be going back down to Maryland on the weekend of June 23rd, flying back on the 25th.

Ok, that's plenty for now. Check in tomorrow and read all about the baseball adventure I had Sunday evening. Till then...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home