Name:
Location: Lowell, MA

I'm Kevin Griener, bitch; you better axe someone.

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Election Post-Day

Dear blog,

Man, I can't believe the results are here now. I've been waiting for this moment for a long time. I think I'll soak it in for a while...

Honestly, now, I feel more nervous than anything. I've spent the day in kind of a hazy self-confidence; I was so sure we were going to win this time, and win big. Now, though, that the prospect of having the results right in front of me anytime I finally want to look at them, the nervousness sinks in. Sure, if things didn't go as well as expected, I could always chant the "progressives always win, eventually" mantra - and it's true - but you want to see electoral success. You want to see the future come...fast. And you want it to happen in this country - the country that, 230 years ago, brought the world into the future just by its inception.

Was I too cocky? Sure the Democrats had won key races in places like Pennsylvania and Rhode Island, but what if Kerry's stupid, stupid gaffe with the Dems up by 2 with :01 on the clock cost the Dems the game in places like Montana and Virginia? It doesn't take much to keep those states from turning blue?

But we had Ohio, too, the optimist in me counters. Just check the damn results already.

Ok, ok... (I'll write my reaction as soon as I have it ...)

...

Oh my God...Oh my God...

It was a washout. Almost total.

The Senate seats show 49-49, with two races still counting. If I had to guess, it would be Montana and Virginia. We'll find out. The Dems have taken over the House by a whopping majority (it actually whops!). With 17 seats still too close to call the Democrats have already taken 227 seats - 9 more than a majority with almost a dozen-and-a-half more contests to call!

Also, the Democrats now have 28 Governorships...6 more than they had coming into tonight and, obviously, a majority.

I'll have the complete results in the political blog. Also, I'm ending this blog entry right now. (Pizza for dinner, if you're interested)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home