Name:
Location: Lowell, MA

I'm Kevin Griener, bitch; you better axe someone.

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Election Day

Well, well, well, kids - it's Election Day. Time to go flex the muscles granted to us by our most brilliant of forefathers - the right to vote is the most sacred political right a free man can have. In fact, I would say that constitutes the difference between "free" and "slaves".

Of course, it's not the only right, and sometimes people, in a sweep of hysteria, the people can be willing to give up their rights. That the forefathers foresaw this can be used effectively in the arguement that there is a God. Anyway, Bill of Rights contains the second most sacred law - and also the difference between "free" and "slaves" - the right to dissent. When the rights to free speech and the right to vote are untouchable, then a society of human beings are, indeed, "free".

Anyway, on my political blog I'll do two updates today - one this morning before I have to drive all the way down to Cape Cod (that's where I'm registered to vote), and another this evening before I head home to work. Of course, the most coverage will be in tomorrow morning's post, as I'll be posting almost immediately after the final votes are tallied. In other words, when you wake up tomorrow, you can look here for all the results. Of course, a better place to look would be DK or TPM. Or BBC's page, if you like your news truly non-partisan.

(How can Americans expect any news network to cover American politics "objectively"? If you want objective coverage, go to another country's news source - they have nothing personal to gain whichcever side wins or loses. And fortunately for us, the British have a great news source, and it's in English - so all you xenophobes won't have to *shudder* learn a new language yourselves.)

Today was a pretty decent day for me at work (after a taco dinner which definately needed more meat next time), until the end of my shift. With about 1/2 hour to go, I got sent over to North Side. That place is chaos. The shift sup gets panicky when things get close to close, as it were, and his whole aisle picks up on that. Whenever I go to North Side by the time I get dismissed when I go back to the South Side my aisle is gone. The difference between stress levels is enormous, especially at the end of the shift.

Anyway, Sports Blog will have the updated NFL Power Rankings. I haven't calculated them out yet, but I'll be interested to see where these teams stack up after a crazy week of pro ball - to go along with the crazy week of college ball (I was one happy motherfucker this weekend; I watched no fewer than 6 games this weekend with a passionate rooting interest and the team I was rooting for won no fewer than 6 times. Maryland, Dracut High, Louisiana State, the Redskins, the Giants - they were my survival league team this week, and the Colts - sorry, Patriots' fans, I like Peyton Manning, and I hope he wins one just to shut you fuckers up about him - it was just one joyous outcome after another - like I was magic or something, AND I was cheering for 4 underdogs).

Ok, no rant today - not on this blog, anyway. My rant this morning is posted on the politics board. If I don't mind saying, it's a must read for you Republican friends of mine.

Anyway, See you (briefly) tomorrow here, but TOTAL COVERAGE ALL DAY - 3 POSTS IN THE NEXT 24 HOURS! - on the politics board...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home