Name:
Location: Lowell, MA

I'm Kevin Griener, bitch; you better axe someone.

Thursday, November 02, 2006

The Calm After the Storm

Dear Blog,

Compared to the hellish evening I had Tuesday night, last night went over nice and easy. I started out on the truck right by the internals, so at times it would be like I was unloading two trucks (which is completely impossible), and if that wasn't bad enough, the dude behind me had paper load, so dumping my excess over to him wasn't really an option I could go back to. But that didn't last long, and the rest of the night passed by uneventfully... we were out before 3:00.

I got up kind of late today, about 4:00ish. I dropped off the rent check, and, later, headed on over to the supermarket to pick up some cheese. Wednesday night is pizza night. When I went to the store on Monday (that's when I usually go...I only go again during the week if I made some really important error on Monday - like forgetting to bring home mozzarella cheese), they didn't have a premade shell, so I brought a thing of Betty Crocker's pizza dough you make by adding water. I decided to try my hand on it. The results weren't completely disasterous - we could still eat the pizza and it was still good enough to call good (although Chourico, it turns out, isn't the best pizza sausage...I recommend spicy italian), but the crust was substandard, and I'll be going back to the ready-made shells full time (or at least until I get a damn rolling pin). They had 32 oz bottles of Tropicana Twister - usually 1.99 a pop - on sale for 4 for a dollar because they were Halloween themed. Apparently they don't like the merchandise on their shelves to be for passed holidays. Anyway, I never had the stuff before, and I will say this - it's ok. And, I'm kind of pissed I only bought 4 of them. I mean, I understand that I had never tried them before, and maybe I would hate them. But even if that was the case, I would be more upset about the energy I was using up dumping the bottles down the toilet than I would be upset about the money I had invested had I purchased, say, 8 of them. So, anyway...


After I wrote the Jeanne story, I wrote that I didn't know what the moral of the story was, or if there was one. Well, upon further reflection, there certainly is.

Jeanne has been manipulated her entire life by outside forces who have wanted to use her exceptional looks to meet their own ends. The problem is, she has basically sacrificed her own personality to accomodate everyone she meets. The fact is, if you try to make everyone happy, you end up making no one happy. And if you're willing to live your entire life by whatever edict you run into, then there are plenty of people willing to tell you what to do. But understand that you're essentially selling your soul. You're letting them take your you away.

Whatever you do, don't let them take your you away.

College ball primer in the sports section later on this afternoon. Politics section feature TBA.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home