Name:
Location: Lowell, MA

I'm Kevin Griener, bitch; you better axe someone.

Monday, October 23, 2006

Oh, Monday, Monday...

Dear Blog,

This was by far the least exciting weekend I've had in a while. No friends visiting, no trips to New Hampshire or anywhere else, just a quick drive down to the beach and a lot of time on the couch watching ball. While it was the least exciting it was the most relaxing, and I'll go to work tonight the closest I have ever been to fully recharged.

I should start, though, with Friday night. My best friend from work, Andy, put in his two weeks notice Friday. You'll remember Andy as the guy who never sleeps; well, that finally caught up with him. Apparently, he dozed off at the wheel on Thursday and came to just in time to keep his collision with a roadside tree a minor one, and that has understandably given him a case of The Fear. Moral of the story: you NEED sleep, kids.

It occured to me, on Saturday night, that for the first time in my life there isn't a place that I would call "home". The place I called home for years - the house in Pasadena - is now just a shell of itself, and I personally have only been there a handful of nights over the last 6 or 7 months. The house on the Cape is more like a weekend retreat than a home, at least for me and my sister, and the apartment in Lowell, while the best candidate for the honor, well, I've only been living here for a month, and it doesn't feel like "home" to me. Not yet, anyway.

Well, I'll start the politics blog this afternoon, and they'll be a quick post on the World Series on the sports one, so check them out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home