Name:
Location: Lowell, MA

I'm Kevin Griener, bitch; you better axe someone.

Monday, October 16, 2006

Kevin's Kevin blog...

The internet man came by the apartment late laste week, so with constant access I can now maintain multiple blogs, and I'll be intorducing two this week. This blog, here, which is where I'll keep track of whats happening in my own little world, and a political/current events blog, which I'll get to sometime later on in the week.

As for this blog, it will either be the most interesting or least interesting of the three depending on your personal preference for this sort of thing. Oh, who am I kidding? This will be by far the least interesting blog of the three, even for me, but I'm writing it anyway because it will be cathartic and the few minutes of daily self-reflection will help me keep life in perspective. If that sounds like a fun spectator sport to you, by all means, read away.

My life has been a whirlwind since the beginning of this year. I've moved not once, but twice: first to Cape Cod, and then even further north to Lowell, MA. The new apartment my sister and I have is great - 2 bedrooms, 2 full baths, and very large living room and an adaquate kitchen. The location is teriffic; we're right downtown (for those of you who don't know, Lowell is a city in miniature, kind of like a larger version of Frederick, MD, except the residents have all their teeth). And did I mention my folks aren't here?

This past weekend my friends Dan and Mark came up to visit. It was great - we walked around Boston and Cambridge, visited a friend of Mark's he hadn't seen in forever, and spent Sunday hanging out at Cape Cod. We were as close as brothers back at UMBC, so it was really cool to get back together, and although the visit was far too short, it carried the promise of longer ones in the future.

By the way, anyone reading this (other than random blog readers, who surely must have gone onto something more interesting at this point) has an open invitation to come up and visit whenever. Weekends are best for work-related reasons, just give me appropriate notice and we'll work it out.

I've started working for UPS. The pay is shit, but the benefits (full medical & dental after 3 months, tuition assistance immediately) are top-shelf, and UPS has the advantage of being a company where everyone from the CEO on down started out doing the same shit I'm doing for the same shitty pay. So, basically, everyone who is making decisions is doing so with the experience I'm having under their belts - there is no one asking us to do things we can't do or are not safe.

Well, that is pretty much the last 6 months or so in brief. I'll start getting to the good stuff tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home